“I think if you are a neurotypical, accept the difference in people among yourself. I see fighting, competition in your life instead of peace”. Our #selfadvocacy  series featured Aadi. He is one of the co-authors of Talking Fingers.

                                       Aadi’s thoughts come straight from his heart, and a common thread that runs strong is self-acceptance.

Here are his thoughts on cognitive diversity

 

“Cognitive diversity I think need to be discussed more in detail.i feel it should be included in school system,where they can accept the children with different thinking and based on our dependent needs .I always felt during my education they don't know about my writing and my knowledge in academics how I follow their teaching.Teachers always try to underestimate my knowledge,I won't be put in paper what I know,what I learned.I felt I can learn better way if they change the methods

I can say include children with different kinds of learning and different thinking ...”




Comments

Popular Posts

Augmentative communication

The Bangalore experience: