For GFCF

Recently somebody send me the recipe for panniyaram. This is one another mother sharing her GFCF experience with her son. Although off GFCf, I still cannot resist a GFCF recipe when I come across one. Habits die hard! This is her mail to me. I have put it here with her permission.For those who have second thoughts about discontinuing the diet, here is a word of caution from this mother.


Hai viji,
actually i was shocked after reading ur post " All Clear"
i started to worry. that's why i sent a mail to u
Being a parent u know which is good for Ramam ,still i want share our experience so that it will give u an idea
My son Ramesh(9 years old) after the diagnosis at the at the age of 4 immediately we changed the diet. Last 5 years he is on the diet.Being a tamil south indian it is easy for me to change diet with idli dosai, idiyappam, paniyaram, sambar , pongal vadai etc etc
Like u we have also done the food allergy test for my son before two years and came to know he is not allergic to gluten and casein.
but still we don't want to change the diet because after changing the diet at the age of 4 , he started to give eye contact and started to speak.
now my he is verbal (in my mother tongue tamil) he can sing beautifully , playing classical music on keyboard and all (ofcourse behavioural problems are there)
May be it is because of the diet or not.
As a friend , my wishes to Ramam and ur family
one of my friend told me that most of the autistic children are not allergic to gluten and casien. but still gfcf diet is good for them
The recepie for paniyaram is simple.
take the idli mavu
fry little urud dal ,chopped onion , coriander leves, curry leaves
allow it to cool,
then add these to idli mavu
take one nonstick paniyaram pan
add very little oil and pour the paniyaram mavu and cook till it is golden brown

                    Thank you for the receipe, and this mail might be the incentive for parents who need that little extra push to start the diet.There is no harm done in trying the diet strictly for atleast a month and then drawing your own conclusions.Personally as with this mother I also felt Ramam started verbalising after this diet, and his behaviour also improved. An ABA therapist once told me not to associate his speech with his diet as it night be just in sync with his development plan.it is just that some children vocalise  late.I did not tell her anything but kept my thoughts to myself.

Comments

Popular Posts

The Bangalore experience:

Augmentative communication