It is important for me to have these essentials in my kitchen at all times.
· Batter for idli/dosa/ada.
· Organic Tulsi tea( lost count of the gallons my son must have had)
· Boiled potatoes 1-2 in number
· Rice Parboiled and the regular variety such as sona masuri, basmati, kolam, ponni…….
· Dal /pulses 3-4 in number .The more important ones being Toor dal (yellow lentils), Urad dal, Whole and split),Rajma(red kidney bean).
· Flours-Raagi/ millet, singahdia, and an all purpose GFCF flour, Chick pea flour (besan).
· Coconut for the chutneys, I cannot run my kitchen without it.
· All the spices
· Vegetables. Amongst these again, onion, tomato ginger, garlic, coriander, curry leaves must have at all times. Apart from that vegetables that go into a salad cucumber, carrot, radish…Also this keep some additional 2-3 vegetables of your choice. These are mostly seasonal.
· Fruits again seasonal
· Baking soda, baking powder, vanilla extract.
· Olive oil
· Nuts of your choice
· Papads, just to spruce up a boring dinner/lunch when in hurry.
· Home- made pickles, for the same purpose as above.
· Off the shelf goodies, to be pulled out only in emergencies, or their super junk status would be lost. Check my previous post super junk
· Dry herbs such as oregano, bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, nut meg
· GFCF pasta( my son likes the spring shaped ones)
· Dates, and some dry fruits to munch on
· Kitchen tools-a separate rolling board and pin, a separate vessel to make tea, a kadai, container to hold oil for his frying requirements, a tawa to make rotis. All of these are add-ons, as one begins to get stringent with the requirements and of course an oven.