Kati rolls



The basic kati rolls begins with paratha ,toasted on a tava. The kati roll is similar to a Frankie. Whipped egg is poured on the hot girddle and the bread, as in this case the   paratha is placed on it. The stuffing is placed in the centre. For vegetarians it could be fried vegetables, spicy potatoes.I have used chicken. Any GFCF all purpose flour will serve the purpose to make the paratha. It should be very fine. To make the chicken stuffing, use boneless chicken. Fry onion, tomato, ginger and garlic. Add salt, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala to this. I had a dollop tomato sauce to this, preferably use an organic one. Garam masala is a combination of various spices. Pressure cook the chicken and sauté it along with it.The chicken should be chopped finely( minced meat). GFCF soy sauce, mustard sauce is optional. After placing the filling roll the sides of the paratha and serve hot with a chutney/sauce.
                                        I had built huge expectations because my son loves chicken. I presented it with great gusto, but the suddenness of it put him off. To him chicken is all about eating chicken gravy with parathas/ rice. Who cares for rolls, anyway? My husband happily polished them all. Anyway it is a lesson in change management. I will leave it for another day, another post. I shall upload the photos soon. 

Comments

Popular Posts

The Bangalore experience:

Augmentative communication