Diamond cuts


This is what I call them because of their shape. I have used Sunira foods maida.
The ingredients
Maida-200g
Ajwain/carom seeds
Salt
Ghee -2 tablespoons
Water
   Knead the dough. Roll it out ½ inch thick with a rolling pit. Use a pizza cutter or a knife to cut diamonds of it. Should it stick to the surface just lift it off with the knife? Deep fry in the oil. As a variation to this you can put it in sugar syrup for the sweeter version of this
As for the end result it is quite hard and the sweeter version gets even more harder. Another option would be to mix some maida with besan in 75:25 ratios and try.I would give this receipe maybe 4/10.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Viji - This is my first time visiting your blog- great job on it! I just wanted to give you a heads-up...maida is not gluten-free. Its really very refined wheat flour. I saw that as an ingredient in your recipe for Diamond Cuts, and just wanted to let you know.
viji said…
The maida I have used is made by Sunira foods. It is a GFCF maida made from Jowar. The word maida is a misnomer.It is basically to indicate it is super fine and feels like maida.Thanks for your comment.

Popular Posts

Schools in Hyderabad and Tiruchi

The Bangalore experience: