Third in the series on time management. Pranav Rajgopal's unwavering commitment to punctuality is commendable. His time perception is based on comprehending the situational context and planning appropriately.

Please read on...



1.      How do you perceive time?

I perceive time by understanding the situation and subsequently plan accordingly. Sometimes when there is confusion I tend to postpone things or do it slowly according to my convenience. I prioritise the order in which I have to do my tasks. When it is my official work, I tend to focus 100 percent and try to finish the give task well within the time frame.

 

2.      Has "being on time" been a challenge for you, and if so, how have you worked around it? Growing up, what tools and aids have you used to understand the passage of time?

Being on time had never been a challenge for me. I have always been a disciplinarian and taken immense pride in being punctual since my childhood.

On principle, I hate wasting other’s time and I definitely insist on others being punctual too.

 Planning ahead on a daily basis is something I have always done and with time it has become an integral part of who I am.


3.      How do you prioritize tasks and assignments? How do you handle deadlines ?

I always make a to do list for both, my personal and professional life. I try to focus on high priority tasks first, professionally and personally. I always handled deadlines prior to their completion and thus haven’t had a problem regarding this issue so far

 

4.      What accommodations related to time management help you in the workspace?

Keeping the reminder in the sticky notes and seeing it frequently helps me to complete the task faster in the workspace. Sometimes, when there is a gentle reminder from my superior or my colleagues, it motivates me to do things faster.

 

5.      Have you attended any time management programs? Did it help? If not, why? How can we make these programs more ND friendly?

No, I haven’t attended any time management program so far. If I happened to attend such a program, maybe I get more tips on this. These programs should be more accessible and user friendly for Neuro Diversity people.  We should introduce some innovative applications for time management esp. for Neuro Diversity people who will be greatly benefitted and will enable them to do better.




Comments

Popular Posts

Augmentative communication

The Bangalore experience: