My Best friend

This is about my little daughter Isha. The dynamics of our mother daughter relationship is changing all too fast. The other night she had gone to sleep and she woke up just to keep me company for dinner. I caught her reprimanding the maid for sweeping away Ramam’s line ups. She howled at another lady for shouting at Ramam. But that is where she draws the line. Her Barbies are strictly hers, amma is hers, and appa is Ramam’s. We talk about change affecting our kids, but I saw my daughter coping bravely with it. She was trying to get friendly with a gang of girls in the society we had moved in. She came back complaining that they were not sharing their toys with her. Then she turned around and “ordered” me to get her new toy. She immediately rushed back to her new friends and did a PR exercise that would have put marketing gurus to shame. She is fast becoming my best friend. She is very understanding of his problem and introduces him to her teachers and friends alike. She is the only friend Rama has so as to speak.

Comments

Mohan said…
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/60lCUlBpcwRLcwORH04SoA?authkey=Gv1sRgCKL_4N76g7nxiQE&feat=directlink
sanju said…
very very nice post. i was very happy while read the post.
http://www.enjoyhealthybody.com
Padma said…
felt so happy to read about isha,so protective of her brother,helpful to her mom, ....
god bless her
god bless the parents too

Popular Posts

Schools in Hyderabad and Tiruchi

The Bangalore experience: