Nehal Tiwari, 24 yrs, is a young entrepreneur on the rise. She did her B.sc (IT) from St. Xavier’s College Mumbai. Currently employed at EY as an associate, she is also an artist whose stone art has won many accolades. Sprightly, and hardworking, she is pleased to have made her passion into a career. Her family is her biggest support. Understanding and expressing verbal communication has been her biggest challenge.

 


 

      1. When did you start stone art and how did it all begin?

 

Initially, I started painting using oil pastels and then I did WaterColour Paintings for the past few years. I attended the Stone painting ECC (Extra Curricular Credits) workshop at St. Xavier’s college on 10th February 2018. After the Stone Painting Workshop, I started doing Stone Paintings. Now, it has become my passion.

 

2.     You do a lot of work on stone. Where do you get your inspiration for your stone art?

 

I like to make different paintings like landscapes, cartoon characters, funny faces, Doll faces, Buddha, Saraswati Ji, etc. My favourite is to make message plates and name plates. But I also make theme-based stone paintings on various occasions like Ganapati festival, Janmashtami, Holi, Independence Day, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Father’s Day, Republic Day, Ram Navami, Guru Nanak Jayanti, etc.

 

3.     As an associate of EY, how do you balance your entrepreneurship and your work life? You recently won an award at EY too.

 

I am comfortable working in hybrid mode. My office timings are from 10am to 6pm. It is from Monday to Friday. Remaining days, I work from home. I do stone paintings as I   am free after office hours, on Saturday and Sunday and also during holidays.I try to learn new skills at my office. During my college, I did Internship at HPCL and BNP Paribas. I have learnt a few things during my internship and it has helped me in my job.I have also won an award at EY (Ernst and Young) named ‘I am Exceptional’.  

 

4.     How has your entrepreneurial journey helped you in your work?

 

My skills in creativity, patience, detailing, hard work, observation have improved with stone painting. I try to use the same skills at my office. These hold me in good stead. 


 

5.      What part of your entrepreneur journey do you enjoy?

 

I am very passionate about my stone paintings. When I make new stone art, then I put it on social media platforms like WhatsApp, Facebook, Yammer, and Instagram. I also display my paintings in various exhibitions, where my artworks are sold. I also get orders on social media platforms. I feel happy when people praise me and appreciate my work online as well as in-person during exhibitions. I also earn by selling my stone paintings apart from my salary which also gives me a lot of happiness.

 

6.     Your mother, Seema, has written a book, Sangharsh Sang harsh, on your life story? How has your family been your biggest support?

 

Sangharsh Sang Harsh is a story of our family. My parents took me for various therapies like speech therapy, behavioural therapy, occupation therapy, etc. My parents also helped me during studies when I was in school and college. They used to teach me and helped me in making notes. When I didn’t have friends at school, then my younger sister Vaidicka became my best friend.




Sharing some of her artworks and contact details.


Facebook shop : https://www.facebook.com/Stonepaintings.Nehal/


Website: https://stonepainting-nehal.com


Instapage: https://instagram.com/stonepainting.mumbai

 

 

            Thank you, Nehal, for sharing glimpses of your life. 






Comments

Popular Posts

Augmentative communication

The Bangalore experience: