Varun. R. Sawant is a graduate, marathon runner, baker, and singer. With a smiling countenance, hardworking and polite, Varun is keen on expanding his business and is proud of his earnings. He is also  the first Asian with autism to have run a full marathon. As a young adult, he loves to hangout with his friends. He accepts outstation orders sometimes. In response to a question about if he has ever felt autism has been an impediment in his life, he gave an emphatic no. 

In an interview with Varun Sawant.

1.     How did Chef Amol Rawool help you realise your dream of becoming a chef?

It was nice for giving me instruction, observation, concentration and focus.

2.     Which college did you graduate from?

Patkar college Goregaon west.

3.     What did you graduate in? 

I graduated in cooking with my friend Thrishta.

4.     What are you doing now?

I am running bake and flake from home.

5.     How did you come up with this interesting name? Is it because it is rhyming?

 Yes

6.     What items do you take orders for?

We make healthy cookies that does not use refine flour and sugar. We make sugar free cookies.

7.     How often do you bake? Do you have a schedule?

 I bake when I get orders.

8.     Do you cook for guests who come home?

 Yes, I bake cookies for them. We have guests coming today.

9.     What do you do with your earnings?

 I have earned Rs.26, 000. We need to spend the money.

10   What do you spend it on?

 Booking stall space, buying gifts.

11    You are the first marathon runner in Asia with autism to run a full marathon? Tell us about your training.

      I  train at Mind Space. I enjoy running with Ajit sir and Kaushik sir. I practise on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I do 3kms on these  days in the mornings.

12  How do you unwind?

 I go out with Trishta and my college friends. I go to the malls with my friends.

13  Tell us about your experiences setting up a stall?

  I sell cookies and cakes. Then I take payment by Gpay. I handle money also.

14  What has been your biggest sale?

 Bal Gangadhar hall, Bandra West on April 8th.

15 You recently met Sanjeev Kapoor? What did you give him from your stall?

 Sugar and refined flour free cookies.

16  Did you get to talk to him?

 No, I could not.  I was busy in the stall.

17  Who helps you put up the stall?

  My mother helps me.

18What message do you want to give your readers?

        I am a passionate runner and baker.

     Do  you think autism has been an impediment in your life?

  Never.

Thank you Varun for doing this interview. 

             He is on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/dreamrecipe_varun/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

He is on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/varun.sawant.925602?mibextid=LQQJ4d






 

 

 

 

 

 

 



  

 


  

  

Y


    

Comments

Popular Posts

Augmentative communication

The Bangalore experience: