Proloquo2 go

Recently, I , my daughter and Ramam were on the bed humming some songs. Ramam turned to me and said " I don't want to sing Tamil songs". I remembered the Cadbury Bournville ad which says "You have to earn it". I was so happy and this  happiness is truly well deserved and earned. I may be boasting but then I don't care.

                   This is not the longest sentence he has spoken but, the clarity of thought impressed me. It has been a very phased improvement from , No singing .... I don't want to sing..............I don't want to sing Tamil songs. What excited me was the use of the word Tamil to specify the language, put it in a sentence and express himself .

                    When you are counting, how many words can your son speak, is it a phrase or a sentence how long is the sentence , every small victory gives me a huge kick. However the intention of this post is to talk about the AAC app Proloquo2 go . I have not been able to put it to use in the conventional mode as it was meant to be. It has been just another app on my iPad for sometime now. I knew it is an excellent app but not knowing how exactly to go about it, it just was there and Ramam would occasionally type using it.

                     Coming back to " I don't want to sing Tamil songs",  of late I wanted Ramam  to be specific when he requested for music. There is a folder FUN in the app and sub folders such as Music, games, leisure and whatever you choose to add. In the sub folder music , I again added buttons specific to the kind of music he likes. One of the buttons was Tamil songs.So when he made that remark, he has generalised it as well.
                  
                   Just tried  using proloquo2 go along with RPM . Another primary use of Proloquo , I think is helping with sentence construction as he chooses words from different folders as action words, pronouns, describing words.He rewrote a sentence "Taxi came at great speed" from a text book, to " Taxi came fast and subsequently changed it  to really fast in Proloquo2 go.  I am really really hoping things open up for Ramam on the communication front.
                       

Comments

Popular Posts

Schools in Hyderabad and Tiruchi

The Bangalore experience: